From June 20 to June 21, IBA Group attended Magenta Security Congress, an event on information security for the telecommunications industry. The congress took place at the ICM/Messe in Munich, Germany.
The program of the event featured keynote and networking speeches by C-level executives of more than 30 high-profile companies, including IBM, Symantec, Cisco, T- Systems, Check Point, and Deutsche Telekom. At the plenary and breakout sessions, the participants discussed the following topics:
- Digitization as Growth Engine
- Mobile Security
- Cloud Security
- Security in the Era of Exponential Technology
- Industrial Control System Security for IoT
- The Role of Orchestration in Incident Response
- EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- The World Is Mobile But Is Your Security?
The event revealed the following trends in information security (IS):
- Consolidation of IS solutions. Vendors are more likely to offer a comprehensive set of solutions rather than an individual security solution
- The organizational exterior perimeter is blurring as companies move to the cloud and their employees use remote access within their working patterns. Thus, the IS products focused on the protection of data rather than the perimeter are becoming more popular. These include the areas of mobile device management (MDM), identity management (IDM), security information and event management (SIEM), and incident response management
- Security in IoT is becoming increasingly important as currently the devices are quite vulnerable and exposed to the attacks of trespassers.
In addition, the congress showed that only a combination of IS products will make a customer’s IT infrastructure compliant with the GDPR and the customers will have to transform their business processes to meet requirements of the new regulations that will come into force on May 25, 2018.